About the Role
General Purpose of Position:
● To serve as an assistant to the pastor and staff.
● Use personal gifts, as well as, technical skills to promote the spiritual life of the
congregation and community.
● Present a positive "first face" of the church consistent with the love of Christ.
● Have the ability to interact with parishioners, guests, committees, and staff in an
enthusiastic manner that is helpful, courteous, pleasant, and professional.
● Ensure the church office runs smoothly.
● Responsible for the weekday operation of the church office, building usage and
● Understand confidences and use discretion in discussions of sensitive matters.
● Manage communications on behalf of the church in a respectful manner, including US
mail, email, social media, phone, walk-ins, etc.
● Assist other staff and ministry chairs with clerical and administrative support.
● Manage church calendar (paper and electronic) and event scheduling with various groups.
● Prepare weekly bulletins for Sunday worship services and other bulletins, as necessary.
● Order office and janitorial supplies, as needed.
● Send reminders of committee and ministry team meetings, as well as, to volunteers.
● Prepare and oversee building inspections.
● Maintain the office procedure manual.
● Prepare attractive and accurate monthly newsletter.
● Prepare special mailings, as directed.
● Prepare charge conference and year end reports.
● Assist with other duties, as needed.
Must embrace Christian discipline.
Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
Strong team player.
Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.